NTN 608z Bearing
Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
Tapered roller bearings are rolling element bearings that can support axial forces (i.e., they are good thrust bearings) as well as radial forces.
The inner and outer ring raceways are segments of cones and the rollers are tapered so that the conical surfaces of the raceways, and the roller axes, if projected, would all meet at a common point on the main axis of the bearing. This geometry makes the motion of the cones remain coaxial, with no sliding motion between the raceways and the OD of the rollers.
This conical geometry creates a linear contact patch which permits greater loads to be carried than with spherical (ball) bearings, which have point contact. The geometry means that the tangential speeds of the surfaces of each of the rollers are the same as their raceways along the whole length of the contact patch and no differential scrubbing occurs.
The rollers are stabilized and restrained by a flange on the inner ring, against which their large end slides, which stops the rollers from popping out due to the "pumpkin seed effect" of their conical shape.
- TIMKEN HM129848-90376 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN EE126097-902A3 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN EE126097-90035 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN LM451349DGA-902E1 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN LM451349DGA-902F2 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN H247535-902A5 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies
- TIMKEN 49175-50000/49368B-50000 Tapered Roller Bearing Assemblies